CIP064: Danny Gregory on Permission to Create
In this week’s episode of the Creative Introvert podcast I talk to Danny Gregory, co-founder of Sketchbook Skool and author of nearly a dozen internationally best-selling books on art and creativity.
I personally came across Danny from his podcast Shut Your Monkey, in which he interviewed fascinating artists, psychologists, authors, all kinds of folk who gave me the inspiration to push on with my creative work.
I’m be giving away a copy of my favourite book from Danny, The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to Be the Artist You Truly Are to one lucky listener.
Here’s what you can do to enter to win:
- Draw a picture of your breakfast! You can use any medium you like – points aren’t awarded for standard of artwork, so just go nuts! Here’s some inspiration – Danny’s Art of Breakfast.
- Post your breakfast pic on Instagram, tagging myself @creativeintro and Danny @dannyobadiah
- I’ll be in touch on August 1st to get your postal address if you’re the lucky winner!
What we talked about:
- How Danny rediscovered his inner artist
- The origins of Sketchbook Skool
- The value of Morning Pages
- What Danny learnt from drawing his teacup every day
- How to get into the habit of making art every day
- Handling the inner critic
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron
- Art Before Breakfast by Danny Gregory
- Shut Your Monkey by Danny Gregory
- The Creative License by Danny Gregory
- Draw Tip Tuesday
You can leave a rating and review on iTunes (here’s how to do that) and I will be as happy as a lamb frolicking in sunshine (or sob into my pillow, depending on what you write.)