CIP 006: The Introvert’s Dilemma
In this episode of The Creative Introvert podcast I explain what the introvert’s dilemma is – and how to deal with it.
Part of being a functioning human in society does require… other people.
That’s the introvert dilemma I’m talking about.
This podcast episode is all about how introverts do indeed need other people – not that we simply tolerate others, not that we do our best to live alongside our fellow sapiens: but that we actually NEED the company of others and the support, input and inspiration that we can ONLY get from other people.
Here’s what I cover:
- How I discovered my ‘need’ for people
- What I learned from an intensive period of networking
- My 11 tips for balancing people time with alone time
- How to figure out what we need to know
- Why accountability works – even if you’re self-motivated
- The attitude to adopt for any networking event
- Who you should and shouldn’t ask for help from
- My weapon of choice for forming new connections
- One thing I’ll admit extroverts do better than us!
- 4 GOYA* Action Steps
*GOYA: Get Off Your Arse
- Pat Flynn’s Podcasting video series
- The League of Creative Introverts
- Tips for Mastermind Mastery
- 7 Days to Creating Confidence Challenge
- Napoleon Hill – Think And Grow Rich
- A free quiz to find out your creative personality type
- Is Myers Briggs Bullshit?
- 7 Tips for Networking for Introverts
- The Email Answer
- Janet Murray
- How to use Facebook Groups for Networking
- How to Balance Your Energy Throughout the Week
*Note: If you buy any of the books using the above links, you’ll be supporting the podcast with the pennies Amazon pay me – thank you in advance!*
I also put together this guide to help you through any networking event – should you dare to venture to one!I really hope you enjoy the episode, and of course I’d appreciate any feedback on these early shows.
You can leave a rating and review on iTunes (here’s how to do that) and I will be as happy as a clam on crack (or sob into my pillow depending on what you write.)