CIP059: Caroline Van Kimmenade on Sensitivity as a Superpower
In this week’s episode of the Creative Introvert podcast I talk to Caroline Van Kimmenade of the Happy Sensitive.
I’ve talked a little bit about being a hsp or a highly sensitive person on the podcast before, and you might be familiar with the term yourself. You might even consider yourself to be one – while not all introverts are HSPs, there is a good majority, something estimated around 70% of all introverts.
And you might have read the classic book by Elaine Aron, who I believe introduced the world to the term, or at least popularised it. But my go-to girl for practical advice and reassuring words is Caroline Van Kimmenade, also known as the Happy Sensitive.
What we discussed:
- The difference (and similarities) of being an introvert vs. an HSP
- Challenges HSPs face (+ advice for overcoming them)
- Advantages of being a HSP
- How to manage your energy
- What it means to be an empath
- Saying no and standing your ground
- Advice for quieting a busy mind
- Advice for setting boundaries
- Having a creative outlet for introverts and HSPs
You can leave a rating and review on iTunes (here’s how to do that) and I will be as happy as a lamb frolicking in sunshine (or sob into my pillow, depending on what you write.)