CIP022: Mitch Bowler on Overcoming Perfectionism
In this episode of The Creative Introvert podcast I’m talking with Mitch Bowler from Pencil Kings!
Today’s interview is with someone who I truly admire – Mitch Bowler who founded the online creative training site Pencil Kings.
We talk about his dreams as a kid to be a video game designer to his vision to offer affordable art training to everyone – what has ultimately led to Pencil Kings.
Mitch drops a lot of valuable advice for any creative who is striving for perfection but as a result ends up getting discouraged and giving up.
What we discuss:
- How Mitch went from video game designer dreams to working for Activision
- How Mitch started teaching online despite his own self doubt
- The value of treating new projects as experiments
- How to move forward quickly without getting caught up with perfection
- When real education begins (hint: not at school!)
- Discovering quiet time if you’re an introvert
- The importance of finding your purpose (+ how to find it)
- The value of having a peer group for support and accountability
- The one piece of common advice Mitch doesn’t believe in
FREE 5-DAY MINI COURSE: CREATE WITH CONFIDENCE
If you’re interested in 5 days of actionable lessons to help you discover your true creative potential, free from self-doubt and anxiety, you can sign up to receive your FREE mini-course below!
Get Your FREE Create With Confidence Mini-Course!
You can leave a rating and review on iTunes (here’s how to do that) and I will be as gleeful as a billy-goat (or sob into my pillow depending on what you write.)