CIP042: Morra Aarons-Mele on Getting Out There (When You’d Rather Stay Home)
In this week’s episode of the Creative Introvert podcast I talk to Morra Aarons-Mele, the founder of award-winning digital agency Women Online and its database of women influencers, The Mission List.
Morra is the author of Hiding in the Bathroom: An Introvert’s Roadmap to Getting Out There (When You’d Rather Stay Home) which really spoke to me because of my own experience in an office job – I wonder if you can relate…
We talk about Morra’s career and her experiences of hiding in the bathroom, much like myself, before she hit rock bottom and made a major life change, we talk about being a stealth introvert, introvert ambition and managing social anxiety.
What we discussed:
- How Morra found peace after spending a decade crying in the bathroom at work
- The joys of working solo
- Discovering how you work best
- Do introverts blame themselves over their environment?
- What we don’t talk about when we talk about being an introvert at work
- Misconceptions about introversion and success
- Managing your energy and channeling it effectively
- Morra’s energy management rhythm
- Managing anxiety and seeing it as a gift, not a curse
- Advice for using social media to raise your business profile as an introvert
You can leave a rating and review on iTunes (here’s how to do that) and I will be as happy as a panda pounding bamboo (or sob into my pillow, depending on what you write.)