CIP047: Douglas Eby on Creative Introverts, Empaths and Multipotentialites
In this week’s episode of the Creative Introvert podcast I talk to Douglas Eby; writer, researcher and online publisher who focuses on psychology and personal growth especially in relation to creativity.
We talk about being a multitalented creative, Douglas shares his advice for procrastination and creative block, and we talk about the traits of high sensitivity and what it means to be an empath.
What we discussed:
- Douglas’ beginnings and his fascination in acting
- Procrastination as an indicator of anxiety
- Anxiety as a major creative block and how to manage it
- The biggest challenges introverts have when they are creative and trying to make a good career out of their art
- What it means to be a highly sensitive person
- The connection between being highly sensitive and highly creative
- Advice for anyone looking to write more who struggles to sit down and make time to write
- Does having multiple creative interests benefit us?
On being a HSS HSP
Susan Cain – Quiet
You can leave a rating and review on iTunes (here’s how to do that) and I will be as happy as a panda pounding bamboo (or sob into my pillow, depending on what you write.)